Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Why facebook is bad for blogging...

Uh oh!
I didn't want to do this ever again. Ever. This whole ordeal of I will post more regularly etc.
But you see, last month I was playing a lot (actually, any time  I could get out of office!)
On facebook, I mean. Farmville and Cafe World. 
I kinda wanted to be the first person to reach level 50 or something. (I had thought I will reach that and stop). Which isn't all that tough if you play after giving it a little thought. I sure reached level 20 odd in both, and quite quickly at that. And then somehow my mind wasn't into it at all. Last Saturday, when I was really free (I wanted to work too, but was too lazy to go to office), and I was just sitting at home in the heat, and amid many power cuts, which was really very ripe time for me to be playing, I simply didn't play. I guess I got too bored of it.
And by the time it was Monday, I wasn't even opening facebook. I don't know if I have mentioned, but before I began playing, I used to login to fb once in 6 months or so. Now you know why I didn't approve your friend request, huh? :P
Well, I observed a few things about the way these games were designed, about zynga.com, about facebook itself, and of course, as always, about the human psyche. Will put them up in a later post maybe. Off home for a week, so until then wouldn't be around... So long...
(Hmmm. Good. Confession done :) Got over quickly enough :) )

P.S- In case you thought I'd do a serious post related to the title, well, sorry for disappointing you... Some other time, I promise :)

2 comments:

  1. Lol. :) Was waiting till the end, what the title had got to do with the post :) :)
    Hope you have been doing good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @meteoraqueen: he he... ;) And I m doing fine....

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated mostly to skip spam. Posting anything else is ok! As far as possible, please try to be respectful and criticize the idea, not the person (including other readers!)
Thanks!